The Advantages of Choosing the Overton Law Firm,
P.C. for Pipeline Matters
Among all of the advantages of using our Firm in your pipeline related matters, we are committed to using our background and experience to meet the budget and deadlines for your projects.
An integral part of the success of any project is its timely completion on or under budget. We are committed to using our experience, relationships, and network of resources to complete your project documents or provide legal solutions to your issues in a timely manner. To maintain your schedule for all activities, we will promptly and professionally prepare and deliver documents for reviews, negotiations, and meetings.
Each project has its special circumstances and issues. Pipeline and offshore projects often require large capital investments and contain inherent risks. We have direct experience with these risks and understand your time constraints and the need for integration of activities such as
- plant installation and operation,
- right-of-way acquisition,
- condemnation and expropriation proceedings,
- drilling activities,
- the installation of surface piercing structures, and
- pipeline installation and commissioning
as well as the timely completion of commercial agreements. Regardless of the issues and circumstances, we have structured and negotiated some of the most complex sets of Lease Dedication, Pipeline Construction, Pipeline Tie-in Agreements, and Operating Agreements in the Gulf of Mexico. We routinely use our background and experience to direct and assist in due diligence activities, evaluate and form legal entities, and support the financing of pipeline related projects.
In addition to these risks, time constraints, and funding concerns, geographic regions and demographics may present additional issues. No matter where your project is situated, we have special experience in drafting for these complex issues associated with pipelines:
- We can assist with feasibility, routing, and identifying risks associated with the permitting process, easement acquisition, and even address legal mitigation of technical risks associated with deepwater pipelines.
- We are able to address the complex permitting issues with the Minerals Management Service (MMS), state authorities, or any other federal process, including National Environmental Protection Act permitting.
- We have experience with other regulations that may address Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) jurisdictional tariffs, and may have insight into pipeline corridor development strategies in certain areas.
In addition to these feasibility and permitting issues, pipeline operators and their customers must address remaining technical and operational issues, which may require special provisions in the definitive agreements. We have experience drafting and negotiating contracts with special provisions for Low Dosage Hydrate Inhibitor, Methanol and Methanol Management Processes and Procedures, Drag Reducing Agents, Hurricane Evacuation and Shutdown Procedures, System Hydraulics, Guaranteed Capacity, Load Factors, Utilization, Access to Deepwater Emergency Repair Equipment; Operational reliability, Special Start-up Procedures and Associated Waivers.
If you have a development project in the Gulf of Mexico, chances are the equity oil and gas produced from your project will reach destinations in Texas and/or Louisiana. We understand and have drafted complex indemnity language to cover our clients for construction and operations activities in both states and developed contracting strategies to lay off risks to well-qualified contractors. To meet your pipeline needs, our attorneys are licensed in both Texas and Louisiana.